If you get into Google Play looking for any application or game of betting with real money possibly take you surprised that there is none. It is true that there are apps that allow betting using virtual tokens and coins, such as poker games, but there are none that allow you to bet with your money to the next game of your favorite team.
Google is very serious with this type of service, both with the games and with the ads related to them. Today we will shed some light on the matter.
If we take a look at a list of the best bookmakers we will find some such as William Hill, Betfair, Bet365 … names that surely sound very much to you but that, surprisingly, do not have an application that can be downloaded from the Android application store. What does Google say about casino apps in the Play Store? Are they legal? Let’s find out.
Online gambling is not allowed on Google Play
Google is clear and forceful. I quote the Restricted Content Policies textually: “Content or services that provide online gambling, including online casinos, lotteries, and sports betting, and skill games that offer cash or other prizes are not allowed value. ” There are only three countries in which apps of this style are allowed, and they are France, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
In these three countries, you can publish betting and casino apps – that use real money – in the app store, but they are not exempt from meeting certain requirements. These are the following :
- The developer must complete the application process correctly to distribute the application in Play.
- The application must comply with all applicable laws and industry standards of any country in which it is distributed.
- The developer must have a gambling license in each of the countries in which the application is distributed.
- The application must prevent underage users from participating in gambling in it.
- Application must prevent its use in countries not included in the gambling license provided by the developer.
- The application must not use Google payment services, for example, Google Play Billing for App Purchases.
- It must be free to download and install the application from the Play Store.
- The application must be classified as adults-only or an equivalent of the International Age Ratings Coalition (IARC).
- The application and its file must show clear information on how to participate in gambling responsibly.
On the other hand, the ads are allowed as long as they meet certain conditions, such as that they are not shown to people under 18, that the app in which they are displayed is not aimed at minors and that it complies with all applicable laws of the sector. Basically, and in a nutshell, you can’t advertise casino apps or bets on Clash of Clans, since this game is aimed at a young audience. You can check all the requirements from this link to the official Google page.
From where to download the applications of the main bookmakers
Now that you know this, you may have the following doubt. If casino apps are not allowed on Google Play, but the main bookmakers have an official application that can be used on Android phones, how do you download and install those apps? The solution is obvious: using the APK files they offer from the bookmakers themselves.
To do this, all you have to do is access your favorite bookmaker and search the download section. From there you will be redirected to a page where you can download the APK file to your mobile. Once you have downloaded it, go to Settings> Security and activate “Unknown origins” .
Then find the APK you just downloaded and install it, it’s that simple! It is important that you download the applications from the official pages if you do not want to run the risk of infecting your smartphone with some Android malware or virus.
Some bookmakers have no official application, so all you can do is access and play from the browser. A simple trick is to add a web shortcut to your mobile desktop. You simply have to open the web in your browser, press the options button and choose “Add to home screen”. That will generate an icon on the main screen of your Android that, when pressed, will take you directly to the web.